Transportation & Infrastructure
Transportation and Trade Infrastructure is essential to
sustaining and expanding the economic prosperity of
the region through the efficient movement of people,
goods, and services.
- Rio Grande Valley Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) The RGVMPO is a federally funded program that works with Rio Grande Valley communities and the Texas Department of transportation to plan for the region’s future transportation needs. The MPO also serves as a collaborative structure of committees and organizations that creates partnerships to address this region’s needs.
- Hidalgo County Regional Mobility Authority (HCRMA)The Hidalgo County Regional Mobility Authority is committed to doing its part to help ensure a bright and prosperous future for the community through innovations in financing transportation projects.
- Cameron County Regional Mobility AuthorityThe CCRMA works on behalf of the citizens of South Texas to provide congestion relief, traffic safety, and viable alternative routes in this era of time conservation. Our mobility solutions encompass highways, rail, air, and seaports.
- Alliance for I-69 Texas Information and progress on the I-69 project from the Texas alliance.
- Transportation Advocates of Texas Transportation Advocates of Texas (TAoT) is a non-profit group made up of local governments, mobility coalitions, port authorities, economic development organizations, regional alliances, state associations and employers dedicated to helping find solutions to the mobility challenges facing Texas.
- Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) Planning and Programming Find out about registering a vehicle, road conditions, or driver’s license requirements.